Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'll be raiding the Manhattan branch libraries tomorrow, but in the meantime I went out to the Strand and picked up one of the books in question. I always feel accomplished when I go to the Strand and actually find something I was looking for. It's akin to the feeling one gets when one finds Waldo.

For the time being, the New York Public Library system is letting me down a bit (because if there's one thing the library system exists for, it's to supply me with obscure books for my even more obscure and professor-despair-inducing research project); I've so far only been able to pin down about five or six out of that list of thirty-five books, and maybe three of the films. Clearly, my pocketbook will be the one to suffer here. I've already ordered two of the remainder from Alibris, but does anyone else know of good places to look up online for these bad boys? Sadly, for me, cost is more a factor than anything else; with Christmas coming up soon, I'm going to probably have to abandon buying books until far, far in the future, but it's a nice pipe dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment