Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another day, another book (hello, Night Magic!) that isn't the one I need to start. Instead of tearing my hair out, I turn to you, gentlemen and ladies, for your opinions.

I've had a few discussions about this before, but what would be the best way to approach this in terms of which materials to tackle first? Should I go at it chronologically--i.e., start with the original novel and then hit everything else in order of its being written/filmed/what have you, or should I try to organize more by type--all books, then all movies, then all musicals, etc.? And what further delineations should be made within those categories as I figure this out?

I'm leaning toward fully chronological, but as that would entail a lot more sitting around while my deadlines slowly tick down and materials are lost in the mail or orbiting Neptune or god knows where they are (Leroux, why do you want to make me cry?), it might have to be... pseudo-chronological. No one tell the profs.

No comments:

Post a Comment