Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You asked for it: you got it. One painfully vampire-filled review served up fancy-style. I seriously thought I was going to get it finished yesterday and then I could proudly claim I'd done two reviews in May, but obviously that didn't pan out. Anne: can't even keep imaginary deadlines that no one cares about. I'd hang my head in shame, but then I wouldn't be able to see the next book in line.

Which, by the way, is apparently a crime drama. So there's that to look forward to, right? Bring that shit ON.

2 comments:

  1. Confession: I usually google search whatever is up next to see if it will be any "good." I am pretty excited to read your review of this next one. Mainly because I want to know how the Russians got involved in all of this. They can't be KGB or any predecessors since whatever timeline you use (Leroux or ALW), the Russian Revolution is way away. Are they the Russian mob? The Czar's people? The Black Hand? (Ok, wrong time period, wrong slavs, but I really want Erik to be involved in 19th century pan-slavic nationalism.) Boris and Natasha?

    I was getting a little tired of vampire romances to be honest. I like it better when people mangle the original Leroux character. Or at least, I find your reviews to be funnier when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about ten chapters in, and I still also want to know what the Russians have to do with any of this and whether or not there will be delightful Tsarish shenanigans afoot. We need some Alexander III up in here.

    I am right there with you on the vampire romances. I know there are more on the list, but for right now I'm happy to be moving away to a more fang-free environment.

    ReplyDelete