Friday, March 14, 2008

Holy gravycakes.

Some of you may recall the recent, extremely snarky, and overabundantly capitalized review I posted of Gary Alan Ruse's "Dark Angel".  Those of you who read it know that I completely laid into that story. I was profane; I was critical; I was sarcastic; I was ranty. In short, I was a total bitch, as I often am when reviewing. Then, this evening, to my vast and eternal surprise, the author actually responded to my review.

Mr. Ruse left a very polite, informative comment on my review, which I have added at the end of the article for anyone interested in reading it. Not only was he far more cordial than I suspect I would be if someone was so unabashedly critical of my work, but he had some very interesting points to make about his story, and some background information to boot. I feel enlightened, not to mention incredibly flattered that he took the time out of his busy schedule of being way more productive and published than I am to comment on an amateur reviewer's opinion of his story.

Whatever I might think about the story, Ruse is one classy dude. If you've got the time, check out his website, or maybe even his books. I know I will.

(A professional writer randomly found and commented on my review. This might be the most awesome thing ever to happen to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment