Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Fisher/Lom review is up, and it only took... um... five days.  Hands up, anyone who is surprised.  I'm definitely not a film student, so my amateur film reviews are much more difficult and take me much longer to churn out.  Sorry to all of you (Google tells me that people only come here looking for books I haven't yet reviewed, anyway, so that's probably not very many) who were waiting in unbearable suspense.

The suspense will probably continue, because it's looking like I've got several more films to go before I can settle down with a nice book again.  As I'm writing this, I'm not yet sure if I'll go with the schmaltzy 80's versions next or backtrack and pick up the original Ye bang ge sheng, but either way, look for probably at least a few more days before I get another one processed.

I'm learning as I go.  This is all kinds of fun.

This film also marks the point at which the notebook I started taking notes in at the beginning of this project ran out of pages.  Off to the corner supply store with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment