Wednesday, April 30, 2008

As usual, life is kicking my ass, so the Richardson/Dance is still sitting forlornly on my desk, unwatched.  I will be getting to it as soon as I possible can, because I am chafing at the bit of having to do nothing for so long.

Other thoughts, however: specifically, thoughts on fanzines.  More to the point, should stories in fanzines count under my self-imposed criteria?  I definitely said that I wasn't going to be doing fanfiction that hadn't been published, partly out of the hope for some small amount of quality control and partly because I'd be old and grey before I finished every bit of Phantom-based fanfiction out there.  Fanzine stories are, essentially, fanfiction (someone's just printed them out and stapled them together, basically), but do they count as published?  I mean, having a story published in an established magazine like, say, Fantasy & Science Fiction definitely means that you're published, even if said story isn't published in a book.  However, do I really want to open this can of worms?  And if so, does anyone with a little more insight into the fanzine scene have any advice or thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment