Tuesday, June 3, 2008

In my internet travails, I stumbled across this little opinion piece about the various film adaptations of the Phantom story.  While I obviously have my own, somewhat different opinion in some areas, it's nevertheless an interesting read.  It's very much a layman's interpretation of the various movies, but a valid one nonetheless.  I'm particularly interested in that quote that he attributes to Kopit--I'd like to see if that's true, as it would explain some things about the wildly divergent plot in his versions of the story.

In other news, I just realized that the Phantom blowing himself up and sealing himself in or behind the rubble, which I was theorizing about in the case of the Perkins/Daughton graphic novel, is a direct import from the Guest/Mathieson film.  Shame on me for not noticing that when I wrote the review.  I'll be editing to reflect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment