Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm almost finished with the Ebert, I swear!  Really!

I wanted to take a second and pause, however, to thank the amazing Fallulke-Elskeren, who has been an enormous help in aiding me to get my hands on some of the rarer, older materials for the project.  While F-E doesn't have a website to link to, she has been sharing her impressive knowledge with the world all over the internet anyway; she has informative articles scattered all over on everything from the differing translations of Leroux's novel to Charles Garnier's writings on the opera to research techniques for the student seeking to learn more about this classic of Gothic literature.  As a fellow student, I tip my hat to her and encourage everyone interested in background material on the Phantom story to investigate her tireless research.

In other news, it's my anniversary today (four years... seems like just yesterday I was trying to shut the door in his face), so I may not be as productive as I possibly should be.  But you only get one of these a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment